stopped volunteering for unrelated reasons, an anti-choice group opened a cpc literally right behind the clinic using its subtitle (“women’s clinic” or something) with the clear intention of luring abortion patients there and away from the real clinic.
I found this at my grandmother’s house. It was so lulzy I had to steal it.
Here are the top five reasons:
1. THE BABIES. Planned Parenthood commits more abortions than any single organization in the nation or in the world.
“Commits?” Do people “commit” surgery or other health procedures?
fuck logic, this is religion
Here is my favorite:
2. PLANNED PARENTHOOD STEALS SOULS. Its perverse, pornographic sex education steals souls and encourages promiscuity… It tells our children, “When you are ready is the right time to begin having sex. Planned Parenthood pushes its disgusting “comprehensive sex education” from birth, encouraging parents to talk about sex to their children… creating a culture of sick sex within the home.
Not only is Planned Parenthood stealing souls by providing sex education, but these folks say that parents talking to their kids about sex is creating “a culture of sick sex within the home.” They make it sound like its an incestuous orgy or some shit.
3. PLANNED PARENTHOOD IS THE VISIBLE HEAD OF THE CULTURE OF DEATH. Planned Parenthood has built a billion dollar business revolving around abortion, abortifacient birth control, and promotion of anything-goes sex.
Planned Parenthood is a non-profit organization, and provides much more than just abortion and birth control; they also provide quite a bit of women’s health and sexual health services.
And, of course, the “promotion of anything-goes sex” is referring to Planned Parenthood’s strong support of queer equality. A culture of “death” indeed, giving out health care to women and education to gays! Evil.
4. PLANNED PARENTHOOD IS WAGING A WAR ON WOMEN.
This is a rather popular but stupid tactic of the religious right- accusing pro-choice advocates of sexism. Its a pretty idiotic aspect of their bullshit reasoning, as a) they have no fucking idea what feminism is and don’t support it in any way, and b) religion is the single most powerful enemy of women’s rights there is.
5. TAXPAYERS SHOULD NOT BE FORCED TO PAY FOR PLANNED PARENTHOOD’S LUCRATIVE SEX BUSINESS, ANNIHILATION OF THE PREBORN, AND WAR ON WOMEN.
As if Planned Parenthood was some sort of brothel.
This absurd pamphlet ended with an awesome graphic of three dollar signs superimposed on a skull.
Now, religious people: I realize you believe in souls and that women shouldn’t have reproductive rights. I realize this, and I think its stupid, but understand me- in the US, there is the separation of church and state. If you hold a moral belief that has its origins in religion, if you try to impose that moral belief on others, you are imposing your religion on others, which is illegal and unconstitutional.
AHAHAHAHAHA. Everyone, your souls are in danger because of Planned Parenthood! Stay away! Hyaaaassssssaaaaaa!